Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More little blessings in disguise

God works in mysterious and wonderful ways. He truly does. I was meeting with a lady I do a bible study with a few weeks back, and I asked that she pray that I remain close to God - that I depend on Him in good times and in bad. And that I talk with Him daily (which is so much easier to do when you are begging for this that and the other, but sometimes harder to remember to do when things are going well). Anyway, well, He answered her prayer with a stomach virus!

The Durika family got hit with the stomach bug - and hit hard. Joe had it first (see my other blog). Then Josh got it - but when we thought he was better, he got sick again - and again - and again - and again - for 7 days straight. And then things got back to normal - he went to daycare, I went to work. Then uh-oh I got it!

We're finally on the mend and we're all well - thank You God for that! But during that time, I leaned on Him, I thanked Him for the good things and prayed for the bad things. I learned alot about being a mom to Josh because I had him home with me for 7 days (longest time of one on one since my maternity leave with him almost two years ago!). I cared for him, I nurtured him and I mothered him. All the things that I busy myself with usually, had to wait. And even then, I was thankful for that time with my son. God taught Joe and I about disappointment (missing v-day, missing the marriage conference we had tickets for, etc.), team work, and love.

We're all better now, and again, every morning, I thank God for that. It's a little thing to be thankful for I guess, but God appreciates all the thanks that I give (big and little!) And I praise Him for all He's done.

Another thing that God did for me throughout these past two weeks, is that, remember my blog about my struggle with my weight? Well, as a result of all this illness, I lost the weight that I was struggling with. I believe I will maintain it too. But even if I don't, you know what God showed me? That those little five lbs don't make that much difference, and they certainly shouldn't be the reason I'm happy or sad each day. They really shouldn't.

So praise God for tummy bugs and all that a round (or two or three!) of illness can do for a person (both inside and out!).

2 comments:

  1. Aw...Wendy what a great post. I am glad that everyone has healed and that you realized that weight shouldn't have an effect on your outlook on life or yourself. You are beautiful with or without five pounds of extra weight!

    xoxo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to hear that you are all doing well physically and searching after His goodness in all situations! :)

    ReplyDelete