Friday, February 6, 2009

Why is my happiness tied to this?

Ok, so I enjoy working out. I try to workout four days a week. And I'm also trying to lose these last 5 lbs.

And I got as low as being 4 lbs away from my goal. Then Wednesday came. I ate excellent Chinese food at a working lunch and then ate a TV dinner for dinner. The next day, it was not good. I figured, water weight from all the sodium. So why, two more days later, have I mysteriously gained 3lbs. And even more so, why do I tie the scale number to my happiness? It's rediculous. I get mad at myself for letting the stupid little number on the scale first thing in the morning, define my mood for the day. Yet, it does, every morning.

And why has there been this shift - 9 years ago when I was over 250lbs, my hapiness wasn't tied to my weight. But I was HAPPY. And now, since I have this "ideal" of being 5 lbs lighter, it encompasses my every thought and it destroys me some days.

Anyway there's this song and I can't remember what it's called or who sings it (lot of help I am eh?) but it's about how God thinks we're beautiful just as we are. Which is true. And I LOVE that song every time I hear it - too bad I can't remember more about it now. I finally heard the song again - it's "Free To Be Me" by Francesca Battistelli!!

I guess I need to pray about it and let go and let God take it over. Not that I would ask Him to remove these 5 lbs, but that I wouldn't let it control me.

2 comments:

  1. hey! i just found this off your facebook page! welcome to the world of blogging. good luck keeping one more addiction at bay;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I thought I'd dive in! I used to on Myspace, and I would print them for a journal, but I am barely using Myspace anymore. I prefer Facebook, which doesn't have a blog feature.

    ReplyDelete