Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Child Dedication . . . and the stomach bug


On February 8, 2009 we dedicated our children, Tommy (5 1/2) and Joshua (21 months) to the Lord. This dedication meant that we promised to raise them up in the presence of God, and that we would instill our beliefs and our relationship with God, in them. At least, that's my take on it! :-) Basically, we've committed our lives to God and having a relationship with Him, and now we've dedicated to teaching our children this and bringing them up God's love.

The day went well. We went to 2nd service like normal, but my parents joined us. It was nice that the service was part 2 of the marriage series, and this week was about "Lasting Love". After service we went out to lunch and then came back for the child dedication service at 2pm. Josh did great without a nap (he took one when we got home) and the day was very nice all around.

Of course cookies and juice afterwards is always nice too!

Then Monday night Joe got the stomach flu. He is MISERABLE. I can imagine, I've had it three times in the last few years. It's yucky. And I am praying that we don't get it. It would ruin Valentine's Day for the boys (they both have parties at school that they would miss - Josh already missed his Halloween party due to the stomach bug in the fall)). And Joe and I are supposed to go to the Marriage conference at church with Shaunti Feldhahn on Friday night and Saturday. I would be so sad. But cleaning puke off the toilet at 10pm and not getting a good nights sleep for two nights in a row (Tommy was sick with a cold on Sunday night) certainly will lower my immune system. Plus, I'm fanatical about hand washing, and Joe isn't. So he's banished to the bedroom.

I'm hoping I can snap out of the worry about all of us getting sick (and all the cleaning and laundry associated with puking kids) and try to take care of him today.

Today is also Tommy's 100 day party at school, which I'm supposed to go to. We'll see what happens.


2 comments:

  1. Yuck - the stomach bug. Stay away from the mission house. Congratulation on child dedication for you guys too; that's a big step in the lives of your family - committing publicly that you promise to try to raise your kids with God as the center. Awesome.

    As for the market (thanks for stopping by the blog) I go to Eastern on Fridays. IT is a stand in the back right corner of the building from Manheim...they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I found your blog from Billie's blog that she gave me the info for . . .

    ReplyDelete