Thursday, March 12, 2009

Trying to understand God's message


The last week or so we've been struck AGAIN with illness - first Tommy with strep throat. Then Joshua with a nasty cold and pink eye.

I'm trying to understand what lesson God is trying to teach me - I thought I learned what I was suppose to learn back in February with the stomach bug that hit us. I learned about praising God for all that came out of that - having cuddles with my Joshie Bear, about not letting weight rule my life, about working as a team with my "partner in crime" husband, about letting go and letting God handle it. I thought I did super well and I learned so much from that two weeks of puke.

But now, this week, I'm having a hard time. I talked to my Mom yesterday and told her we were hit again with illness and she said maybe God is trying to teach you something - I told her, yeah, and I learned what I needed to learn in February - she said, maybe what YOU learned, isn't what God wanted you to learn. DUH!

So now I ask, God, what is it that I'm supposed to be learning here?

My favorite song is "Bring the Rain" and it talks about praising God in the storms. I thought I was? But this week has really been challenging me. Big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment