Monday, April 13, 2009

What a blessed Easter!

This Easter was the first Easter that I truly understood what the timeline was for Jesus' last days were. I really was moved by understanding this timeline.

Good Friday was Tommy's special day with Mommy and Daddy. We did whatever he wanted. Which included donuts for breakfast, bowling and Strasburg! He had a great time!


We attended Good Friday service at church, and while admittedly, I was a bit distracted by an event before service, I still found the service to be moving and amazing. The worship team did an awesome job and the service was perfect.

We then went to Saturday evening Easter Service since we were travelling to Maryland on Sunday morning. The Easter service was interupted for us when I got paged to the nursery for Joshua who wouldn't calm down. I think it was just too much being out late two nights in a row. So I pretty much missed the service, although I was in for the worship team's opening and it was so full of energy and so awesome!!!!

Then Sunday morning, the boys got their baskets of goodies. They boys also blessed us by sleeping in until 8am!!! YAY!



We had some breakfast, and a slow morning, and then got packed up to drive the 75 minutes south to my sister's house. Joshie entertained us on the drive down:



There we ate WELL (Josh had his first Peep ever):


I got to see my beautiful neice and nephews (here's Ellie in picture perfect outfit):


did an Easter egg hunt



and had an awesome time.
Josh even took a nap in his cousin's big boy bed!!

It was awesome three day weekend and we are so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Aww man - 8 am! Can you have your boys go away overnight and teach Hudson how to do that? Sounds like a great time! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete